2017 Brainerd Warrior Fishing
Team Schedule AND INFORMATION
*6/17/17 - Confidence Learning Center Bass Classic from 7am to 2pm on Gull Lake. This event is held at Madden’s Resort. Angler’s would be helping to dock boats at the tournament. **VOLUNTEER EVENT**
* 6/19/17 – 6/23/17 - National BASS tournament in Tennessee: Please congratulate Gabe C. & Logan W. who took 1st place in the 2016 MN State High School BASS tournament to earn their way to this prestigious event. Also, congratulate Tyler B. who took 1st place and Troy P. who took 2nd place in the 2016 MN State Junior BASS tournament.
* 7/20/17 – Jr. TOC tournament on Trout Lake in Grand Rapids, MN. **JR TOURNAMENT**
* 7/28/17 – Monthly Team Meeting: Award 3rd Trimester contest prizes and plaques.
* 8/1/17 – MN BASS State Jr. tournament on Serpent Lake, Crosby, MN. More details to come. **JR TOURNAMENT**
*8/2/17 – 8/5/17 – Crow Wing County Fair booth. **VOLUNTEER EVENT**
* 8/2/17 – MN BASS State High School tournament on Gull Lake, Brainerd, MN. More details to come. **HIGH SCHOOL TOURNAMENT**
* 8/6/17 – Snoopy Rod tournament on Mississippi river, Lum Park, Brainerd, MN. More details to come. **OPTIONAL EVENT**
* 8/19/17 – TBF State High School Tournament Rules meeting at Mac’s Twin Bay in Isle, MN. Registration from 4 – 6pm followed by the rules meeting. **HIGH SCHOOL TOURNAMENT**
* 8/20/17 –TBF State High School OPEN on Mille Lacs lake, Mac’s Twin Bay in Isle, MN. Take off for first flight is at 7am and first flight is due back at 3pm. **HIGH SCHOOL TOURNAMENT**
* 8/27/17 - End of year awards ceremony at Zorbaz on Gull at 6pm.
* 11/17/17 – Monthly Meeting: Extravaganza Raffle ticket sales and ice fishing contest kick off.
MN BASS Trail Tournament
Also, a reminder for all current 8th - 12th grade anglers to reply to us if you are going to be fishing the June 11th tournament on Gull Lake. Deadline to reply is midnight on Wednesday, May 31st, due to deadlines if you don't respond by this date you will not be able to fish this tournament. The team is paying your entry fee into this event and it is part of a 5-tournament trail.
The dates for the 5 tournaments of the Brainerd Warrior MN BASS trail are as follows:
This trail is for ONLY CURRENT ANGLERS IN 8th grade to 12th grade. On this trail if you finish in the top 5 in any of the 5 tournaments you will move on to the tournament of champions where you will compete for a boat. All 5 tournaments will be paid for you by the team if you would like to attend any or all of these 5 tournaments. Also, the top performers in this trail will move on to the National BASS tournament based on the number of boats participating in each tournament.
The FLW/TBF State Championship is back on Mille Lacs this year. This tournament is for anglers currently in 6th grade to 12th grade. Junior anglers for this tournament are those currently in 7th grade or below and Senior anglers are those currently in 8th grade or higher. If you are a junior angler you will need to fish with a senior angler to fish this tournament. The date is August 20th, this event will fill fast, if you would like to fish it please let us know as soon as you can. Normally we rent a condo and stay, also quite a few bring down motor homes, campers and fish houses to stay. Reminder to also include in your email if you have a partner and a boat captain or we will find you a partner and boat captain.
The 2 Junior tournaments (currently in 8th grade or below for FLW/TBF and currently in 7th grade or below for MN BASS) are as follows:
Please let us know in an email which grade you are in, which tournaments you would like to fish and if you have a boat captain and partner or if you need one.
The registration fee is $50. This includes your team jersey, annual BASS and TBF memberships and club sponsorsed tournament fees.
Team Fishing Contests:
We will have ongoing fishing contests during the year. Details will be made available for each contest.
We will have team fundraising and community volunteering events throughout the year. These will be announced with as much advanced notice as possible. Watch your email and check the website for these announcements. These events are not only to raise money for our team but give back to the community and businesses that have supported us!
We are looking for boat captains that are willing to volunteer their time and use their boats to bring angler’s fishing. If you know someone who is willing to volunteer have them contact us or give us their name and number and we will contact them. Fill out our online form.